Single-Line Railway Bridge Over the River Orne Connecting the Main Line to the Dockside Lines Reconstructed by 5 Railway Construction and Maintenance Group RE.
The original bridge was of plate girders in two skew spans supported on masonry piers across the river and two short approach spans across the tow paths. The main spans were demolished, one being dropped into the river and the other left insecurely propped up on the centre pier. The piers and abutments were sound.
Reconstruction was carried out by cutting up and dragging the damaged steelwork clear and launching two unit construction railway bridge square spans each Q0 ft long.
Work commenced on 3rd August, IQ44, and was completed on 27th August, 1944.